Secure, Reliable Networking & Communication Solutions
Seamless Train-to-Ground Communications
In today’s communications-based train control systems, real-time information about speed, direction, distance and other critical information is required for efficient fleet management, track utilization, scheduling and automatic train control. Belden’s full line of wayside signaling solutions ensure reliable signal transmission between the train and wayside equipment, while withstanding the unique and harsh elements of rolling stock environments.
- Rugged WLAN access points and controllers are easily tailored for specific remote rail communication requirements
- Low-loss coaxial cables ensure strong signal strength via minimal interference in high-speed wireless deployments
- Flexible, scalable managed rack-mount & DIN-rail hardened industrial Ethernet switches support increasing network complexity & bandwidth, speed, redundancy & security requirements
- Multi loose tube single-mode & multimode fiber optic cables in a variety of fiber counts, jackets & armors, as well as splice-on connectors deliver reliable, flexible outside plant applications
- Full line of industrial Ethernet cables & hardened connectors, cords & patch panels are specifically designed for fast, simple & reliable wayside connections
Ready to Start a Project?
Industrial networking, infrastructure & cybersecurity products designed to work together for maximum...
For maximum mobility, flexibility and network availability in today’s industrial environments
Layer 2 & Layer 3 ruggedized Managed DIN Rail Ethernet Switches engineered for reliable performance
Central Loose Tube Fiber Cable
CLT fiber cable is ideal for indoor/outdoor applications, including conduit, direct burial, lashed...
City of Denver Transforms Traffic Control Network Operations
Traffic lights, cameras, sensors and other connections have become an integral part of society. Traffic control systems have a lot at stake, promoting the orderly movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic to not only encourage the steady flow of...
Wi-Fi and Evolving Technology in Public Transportation
Passengers expect instant travel updates, constant access to Wi-Fi and little to no delay waiting for their train to arrive. They want to see and experience the latest technology and enjoy convenient and safe travel.
From the Blog
Vibration and noise are common in industrial environments like manufacturing and rail transport. The rumble of assembly lines can interrupt data transmission and connectors can be jarred loose. Think about how much vibration occurs as a rail car...
Jeremy Friedmar | 10.25.2019
The transportation industry, unlike many other mission-critical industrial operations, has the unique position of directly engaging with its customers (the passengers) and keeping them happy and safe. Any delays or downtime in a transportation system...
Richard Weatherburn | 02.15.2017
Demands on public transportation infrastructure continue to grow as cities expand and sprawl into suburbs. This shift ultimately affects capacity needs (i.e., more passengers) and physical needs (i.e., more roads and rails).