Secure, Reliable Networking Solutions for Substations & Smart Grids
Delivering Resilient Wireless Networking Capabilities Over Extended Distances
Industrial networks often encompass diverse assets located across expansive, rugged areas. Wireless systems have become vital to monitor and control devices in these remote, difficult-to-reach areas providing deeper operational insights through distributed telemetry, while extending the life of existing networks in an ever-increasing digital world. However, resilience and security for these critical applications remains a number one concern.
Belden industrial wireless LAN solutions are the answer for fast, stable and secure distributed edge device communication in harsh industrial environments. These solutions ease network expansion without the need for costly wired infrastructure, while improving operator safety and efficiency by eliminating the need to travel to remote locations, optimizing predictive maintenance through remote diagnostics and enhancing overall reliability.
- Comprehensive high-speed 4G/LTE family of ruggedized cellular routers & gateways compatible with specified cellular spectrum frequencies around the globe
- WLAN & WWAN short-to-long range access points designed to meet the latest IEEE 802.11 standards for reliable, high-speed wireless communications
- Web-based interfaces & embedded GPS option for location tracking & remote configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting from a centralized location
- Wireless I/O radio modules for replicating digital & analog process signals to remote I/O devices
- Enhanced security functionality with secure VPN tunneling, AES encryption & the latest WPA/WPS security protocols for user-authentication
Ready to Start a Project?
Industrial networking, infrastructure & cybersecurity products designed to work together for maximum...
Explore solutions to address security vulnerabilities in the data center.
Offers high-speed wireless connectivity and secure remote access to meet the needs of an IIoT world.
For maximum mobility, flexibility and network availability in today’s industrial environments
GRID COMMUNICATIONS GUIDE
Guide to Wireless Communication in Smart Grids
Smart grid communications networks are becoming even more sophisticated, and data rates are increasing to support new grid applications, such as distribution automation devices, metering infrastructure, security and mobile devices.
From the Blog
Electric energy operators around the world are working to increase reliability, resiliency and capacity with smart investments in new technologies. This includes Stadtwerke Karlsruhe Netzservice GmbH (SWKN), the municipal utility that provides...