Solutions to Keep Data Flowing in Oil & Gas Production Environments
Wireless networking is often the most cost-effective option to improve reliability, safety and efficiency across oil and gas infrastructure—especially in applications that involve extremely harsh conditions, corrosive gases and blast furnaces. It has become increasingly vital to support monitoring and control of devices in remote, difficult-to-reach areas.
Belden’s industrial wireless solutions are the answer for fast, stable and secure communication. These solutions make network expansion faster and easier without the need for costly wired infrastructure. They also improve operator safety and efficiency by eliminating the need to travel to isolated locations, supporting remote diagnostics.
- Comprehensive, high-speed 4G/LTE and 5G families of ruggedized cellular routers and gateways compatible with specified cellular spectrum frequencies around the globe.
- WLAN and WWAN short- to long-range access points that meet the latest IEEE 802.11 standards for reliable, high-speed wireless communications.
- Web-based interfaces and embedded GPS options for location tracking and remote configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting from a centralized location.
- Wireless I/O radio modules for replicating digital and analog process signals to remote I/O SCADA devices.
- Enhanced security functionality with secure VPN tunneling, AES encryption and the latest WEP/WPS security protocols for user authentication.
Ready to Start a Project?
Industrial networking, infrastructure & cybersecurity products designed to work together for maximum...
Explore Industrial Wireless Solutions
Offers high-speed wireless connectivity and secure remote access to meet the needs of an IIoT world.
For maximum mobility, flexibility and network availability in todayâ€™s industrial environments
Secure Wireless Network Design
A classification of different security mechanisms available for wireless network design and their effects and limitations using examples from a variety of industrial applications.
Remote Wellhead Monitoring for Oil & Gas
The entire Belden industrial Ethernet network is designed to be robust and secure, with multiple layers of redundancy at both the cable and hardware levels. Physically, this solution can withstand decades of grease, humidity, heat and moisture.
From the Blog
Optimizing Wireless Reliability
Wireless Ethernet technology can be an extremely powerful tool for both the IT and OT environments—it makes it possible to successfully incorporate areas into the network that would otherwise remain silent. Whether it’s linking remote locations...
Bernhard Wiegel | 05.30.2018
Securing Industrial vs IT Networks
Previously we looked at the question of 'Why are PLCs so insecure?' Today we are going to come at SCADA security from another angle, which is 'Why is securing Industrial Networks different than securing IT Networks?' We will also look at three ways...